Friday, May 15, 2009

Science Term Test

I am so UN-lucky. For my science test, I achieved 29.5 marks, just half a mark away from my third A1 of the term. Reason: My statements ( distance of xxxxx= speed divided by time etc...) was judged by my teacher to be incomplete. My teacher says that if we do not write statements, we will get zero for that question, regardless if the answer is correct. Also, she strictly says that all answers should be in 3 significant figures. Total marks lost due to these things= 3.5 marks, which would give me 33 marks, well above the A1 mark of 30. Currently, my MSG is 3.5 and if I ahd gotten just half a mark more for science, it would become 3.3. I am sure there is a good reason why she enforces all these rules but I am sure it is a little too strict? Right? Please state your opinions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous sim zhi xin said...

I agree with you Darren, i also missed a better grade by just a bit.
I wonder why teachers want to set such strict regulations, I do not really see the need to fuss over a tiny bit of carelessness.even if your working is incomplete , I don't see the need to penalise someone if the answer is correct. After all , the working is just to make sure that your answer is correct, if you get your workings correct but your answer horribly wrong, wouldn't that be worse? Thus, Ithink that pupils with uncomplete workings but perfect answers, should not be penalised!

May 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home