Sunday, March 29, 2009

Remembering Uncle Ronnie

Whenever I go to sunday church, I am always greeted with a friendly smile. Uncle Ronnie would be there at the entrance to the hall, greeting everyone with a smile on his face, a firm handshake and to the men, a warm hug. He brightens up our day with his friendliness and always greets and helps my grandfather when he comes to church.
However, tragedy struck on Wednesday night, 25 March 2009 at prayer meeting when Uncle Ronnie, who had just shared a great testimony came down the stage and sat down. Moments later, he collasped. He died of a heart attack later that night. His sudden death came as a shock to all of us. Just 3 days ago, he was sitting in my family's car chatting with my parents about how he wants to glorify God, how he wants to go and be with Our Father in Heaven. Just 3 days later, his wish was granted.
Uncle Ronnie is a great man who spent his life serving the Lord Our God. Even in his last hour, he was on the stage giving glory to God. He helped and touched so many people in and out of my church. I know he is now with God in heaven but even though he is not with us physically, we will still remember you. We will never forget him, a man who spent his life serving others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Uncle Ronnie too. Although I do not really know this righteous man, I believe that as a fellow Christian I share your grief as we have lost a very devoted believer. Of course, we have to mourn this loss, but as you mentioned, he is now in Our Father's kingdom and has been granted eternal life. He has let go of all the earthly desires and worldly needs to join God in Heaven, and that is a reason to celebrate, as now he knows that God's covenant in him is fulfilled. Let us all pray for Uncle Ronnie.

Jong Xuan

"I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life."

John 6:47

March 31, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home